Friday, April 28, 2017

2017 Draft Day 2 Bengals Reaction

Ok!  What a day 2! A lot of talent went off the board in rounds 2 and 3.  It rivaled the players that went in the second half of the first round to be honest.  The day 3 talent drops off a little, but there is still plenty of good talent to be had. I don't know these guys as well, but I'll list a few names to look out for with that 9th pick in the fourth round. But first, here's my reaction to the Bengals day 2 picks.
I'm okay with the Joe Mixon pick.  I have a lot of thoughts on it.  It's a little too heavy for me to sum up on the fly.  I'll try to do that some time later.

The Jordan Willis pick was outstanding!  I would have loved it if they got him at 41, let alone picking up a talent like Mixon in the second (again, football only take here. I'll sort out my thoughts on the moral dilemma later) then waiting all the way to the third for Willis.

Top of round 4 big board:

Dorian Johnson G Pittsburgh
Would be the icing on the cake if they could land Johnson.  I'm not getting my hopes up.

Blair Brown LB Ohio
Undersized tackling machine

John Toth C Kentucky
They might be able to wait until later for Toth  

Eddie Jackson S Alabama
Great player everyone forgot about because he broke his leg.

Josh Reynolds WR Texas A&M
Marvin Jones clone?

Desmond King CB Iowa
Just a solid versatile player

Corn Elder CB Miami

Chad Hansen WR California

Tedric Thompson S Colorado

Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
Hard-nosed player

Damontae Kazee CB San Diego State

Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
Mostly a receiver. Not sure they have room for him, but never hurts to add more weapons.


There's other names that probably belong here, but I haven't studied up enough on the rest of the class to know how to sort them out.  That's all for now.  Enjoy day 3!

No comments: